Friday, April 27, 2007

Funny things kids say

So, my kids really crack me up. It is the little things in life that are funny. Here are some of our funnier moments with a 7 yr old and 5 yr old:

The boys are taking their Friday afternoon baths. I can hear splashing and laughing. I listen. "Giovanni, did you smell dat? I farted. He-he-he" "OK, Caleb, let me try." More splashing and laughter. "I smelded that. Awww, that smells good. heheheh" Oh my children.

A few days ago Giovanni's eye hurt. I told him to quit rubbing his eye. Here is our conversation.

"Mom, my eye hurt."
"OK, it always hurts." (no, I am not a bad mom, he just rubs them with dirty hands)
"What if flower growing in eye."
"A flower can't grow in your eye."
"Yes it can. Seed get in eye (they got flower seeds from school) and my tears warter it (yes, water sounds like warter)."
"No, you need soil to grow."
"No, flower grow in my eye with eyes water."Caleb "I cry lot. I grow flower too!"

The best ever was today after lunch. Giovanni came up to me with a rock he found at school.

"Mom?"
"Yes?"
Will this make me Superman?"
"No, honey, it is not Kryptonite."
"Where is Kryptonite? Can I get? What it look like?"
"It is green. If you can find some, then you may be like Superman."
"Will people talk to me then?"
"What people?"
"Like on Superman movie. People talk to him."
"Sure."

He also will be attending a college where he can learn how to be Superman. They also killed a spider so it didn't bite Sophia. "If spider bite us, will we be like Spiderman?"

Did I tell you my children firmly believe everything they hear and say? I really did try to explain not everything on TV is real and they were just crushed.

Is there anyone else out there whose child calls everything he? Giovanni's scab fell off his knee and "I blood today, mom. He gonna fall off and I bleed." Everything is he. I mean everything. Spoons, dinner, poop, dirt, bike, paper, shirt, etc. Everything! It is cute.

Well, there is a little insight to my children. Soon I will be posting my "day in the life". If I ever get a life and have time! :)

Did I share with you how much I love all my children? I always talk about the little ones and never much about the older ones. Nick is such an amazing child. He has been dating this awesome girl who has gotten him back to church! They go to prom this weekend, so I will post pictures. He has such a sensitive heart and he is so dear in my heart. The best thing, he loves his dad so much. He still calls him Daddy.
Kevin is definitely unique. How do I describe him. He is the kid that no matter how much you want to be mad at him, he has this smile that makes you not. That is why I am always mad at him when he isn't around! He has a girlfriend who is such a joy to be around. She has grown so much in the last year. We just keep praying she will be able to go to church with us. Kevin adores his little sister and is a terror to his brothers.
Malcom comes home May 4th! Yeah! Our lives are so much better with him in it. There is a void here that will never be filled. I know I will cherish every minute with him when he returns. We are so proud of him and all he has done. Keep in his prayers as he moves on in his journey of the Air Force.
I look at my life when I was a teenager, and I can't describe how much different these guys are. They don't drink, they don't do drugs, they just have a good time with friends. We are always welcome to hang out with them, but honestly why. Boys - to embarrasing for me! They typically just go bowling, dennys, the movies or the mall or our house. I couldn't ask for more.

So, that sums up the love I hold for each child. Of course then there is Nafkot and hopefully in 5 days she will be ours and we can post her picture!


Here are my big boys last Easter!
Blessings!

1 comment:

the ewings said...

Your kids are great! I love that you love your boys girlfriends! That says a lot! I love the phrases that gio and caleb say. What a riot! and I wish Sophie knew what great thing will happen in her life when she gets to have a older sister! Nothing like an older sister (I had two of them)! Blessings on the whole family!