Sunday, August 15, 2010

My vacation is over

So, I guess it has been over a year since I have been on here. I don't know how many people will actually start reading it again, but hey, who cares.

The kids are starting school in a few weeks. Life is life here in our house. There is always something going on. Kevin is getting married in January, we had to put Brutus down, Nick moved out and Malcom is in Afghanistan. Those are the main things going on. Gio and Caleb will be in 4th grade this year. Crazy. Ahnika enters into first and Sophia is still in Pre-School. George loves his job and I am content in mine. God has really been with us.

Me, well, it has been a challenging year for me. God has opened so many doors from my past I barely survived some days. But, I look back and realize He was there every step of the way. I have such an amazing network of friends and family who are so supportive of us. God has showed me how to give up control to Him and my husband. I am in awe daily of the mountains He has moved in my heart.

So on church Friday night, I looked down and saw my little communion cracker had a little "pocket". I started thinking about what I could fit in that pocket. Maybe a poppy seed, or a tiny bead. But, what if that was God's pocket? Then what would it hold. God slowly worked in my brain and I realized He has three pockets. The first one is His "Sharing" pocket. This pocket is like a grandpa pocket, full of treats, money, gifts, love. This is the pocket I can dip into when I need something. A little pick me up of strength, a gift of mercy or grace, and some sweet treats of friends. Then He has the "Caring" pocket. This is the pocket where I put all my cares into. If I am worried for my sick daughter, or my Grandma Mabel, or finances, or I am happy for Friday, or I get an extra big hug from my husband, I put all these things in this pocket. God holds tightly to this one. No one else can take from this pocket. He watches over it and protects it. He is the shelter. The last pocket is just a "Garbage" pocket. This is the pocket that gets full of garbage, waste, junk I don't need. This is where my sin goes. You know that icky thing that is always there and for some reason I think I like but when I look at it I realize I don't. God takes this sin, this junk and puts it in His pocket. Regularly He empties this pocket in the trash never to be seen again. So, are you ready to start given God some of your treasures, your desires or just you junk. He is waiting and ready for you.

Pray for me that God continues to speak to me and I keep up on this. I miss sharing with you all.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Happy to "hear" from you! Praying for you and your family! -Rachel