Friday, August 18, 2006

A new pool (finally) and prayer


So we finally got the "big" pool up. It only took 3 or 4 tries and a huge water bill! The kids love it. Arm floaties just don't cut it so thankfully Fred Meyer's pulled through and still had kid life vests. They love going in the pool! The teenage boys like to run in circles and create whirlpools. I love summer. I am so glad and thankful I am able to have this first summer with the kids at home. What a blessing!







"Get 'em Caleb! Get 'em!"















"Oh yeah, we got 'em".













Even the "big" kids like the "little" kids pool.












Yesterday after the boys were done with the pool they, of course, rode the bicycles. It was funny to watch Gio flip his upside down and try to figure out how the bike works. I think he got it. Then they both had a bike car wash. They spent hours riding those bikes! Amazingly enough, out of the blue, I hear the song "I like to move it move it, I like to move it!" coming from their sweet mouths. They remembered it from Madagascar which we watched 3 weeks ago! Needless to say, I then heard it for a couple more hours.

















Please pray for our dog Brutus. He has surgery on Wednesday and we will find out next week if the lumps they removed is cancer or not. He is only about 6 yrs old, but that is old for a Great Dane. I attached his sad (but yet in a way, funny) picture of him after we brought him home. Last night he managed to rip the bandage off leaving little trails of blood. It was funny to watch my hubby try to "rebandage" him.








Poor guy. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww.... poor doggy. :(

The kids look like they are having a great time with the pools!

The Barr Family said...

I love the photos...What a summer you guys are having- I will PM you tomorrow - we need to cath up! :)

PastormacsAnn said...

Hope your puppy is doing OK. (all dogs are puppies around here - even HUGE ones.)

Thanks for the pictures. That looks like one FUN POOL!

Praying for you as you adjust and attach.