Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Could I have anything more perfect?


How did God give me such wonderful blessings? Why me? Why do I get the priveledge to live in America, have an awesome (if not dirty) house, a great job, the most wonderful husband and 7+ a few extra kids? We talked about this in bible study on Monday night. My heart aches so often when I think about how I was picked to have this life. My boys were telling me a few days ago how they would watch people be buried. They are 6 and 7! Why did they have to watch their parents die and be buried.

Then I realize that God knows. He knows why I am where I am. I should be content with my life and cut out the "if onlys". I am such a worry stress case (ask my hubby, he would agree). I continually pray to release this worry. God has always provided my means and most importantly - my life. I cannot wait to get to Heaven and have the knowledge and understand of why life happened the way it did. For now I can hold to His knowledge and that He and He alone knows what is best. Rather than trusting my husband, kids or job to provide all I need, I have to remember He will - always.

Life has been crazy for us. I don't have much time for much more than playing with kids, cooking, cleaning and working. I love our life. It is so FUN! Ahnika is doing great. Her tantrums are so much less. She has moments of thinking it is not fair or whining, but she is doing great. Her and Sophia are priceless to watch.

The boys are hitting it hard at school. They continue to amaze me at how much they know! They are starting to read so well, and learn math, and time. They love school. We did get our first "bad choices" notice from the school counselor. Apparently Caleb pushed a little kid to far with teasing, the kid shoved him, Caleb's best friend shoved the other kid and then next thing you know - 8 kids in a kicking and hitting battle. Needless to say, they all lost recess the next day. Boys.

My Aunt and Uncle are coming in this week to visit and meet the kids. I haven't seen them in years and I am so excited. My mom and grandma are also coming up for the weekend! Yeah! We are going to go apple and pumpkin picking and eat lots of caramel apples.

Here are some pictures of our crazy kids. The one above was the girls (Sophia on the left) who HAD to wear their Ethiopian princess dresses. I was trying to pack to go to Montana, but we got side tracked.

Ahnika is such a little lover to Sophia. She is a great big sis. We were having a Spongue Bob puppet night.
Giovanni sporting his Ethiopian hat. Goofball.
Did I tell you they were crazy? The girls cannot seem to keep their shirts on. Sophia and Caleb are having an intense conversation on the phones. My sister-in-law got Ahnika the coolest little phone system for her birthday. They have fun.
Goofy and Crazy.

4 comments:

Renee said...

They are SO beautiful!!!

I love crazy and beautiful kids. :o)

Renee

the ewings said...

I LOVE to read about your beautiful family! I love that your boys are learning to read! Readers are leaders! I can't believe how much change has happened for them all but they still smile so much and those are the same! You are such a great MOM! - Chris

Dustin & Heidi Greenup said...

Great to see the new pictures! We just finished an adoption interview and we thought we would pass it along because you played a role in God opening our hearts to Ethiopian adoption. Here is the link: http://www.carolinahopeadoption.org/blog/archives/120

Heidi and Dustin

Leah said...

So great to see pics of all of you!! You are all doing so well, it just makes me so happy! Prayers and love:)