Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crisis in Ethiopia

I am not here today to write about my family but their families suffering in Ethiopia. There has been a drought for months in Ethiopia and now they are facing massive food shortages. My friend can't afford to buy apples or carrots. Corn has tripled in price. Children are dying. I am so saddened by what I see. I pray for the safety of Giovanni's grandmother, aunts, uncles, half brother. Or Caleb's family who I have yet to meet. Please join me in prayer for Ethiopia and all the other countries facing food crisis. Watch this video to see what they are facing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7444998.stm

Let us be the Josephs (Gen 41:54-57) of the world and save those in need during the times of famine. We have plenty so why should we not help those who don't.

1 comment:

KT said...

You are right Sandra, it is heart breaking. We cant even begin to imagine the pain and suffering going on at this very minute and thousands of minutes before and for who knows how many more minutes. Minutes fulled with slow ticking seconds of hunger pains, and heat waves, and dry mouths longing for water.
Its so unfair. Why are we on this end, and they are on that end? And why?....
KT