Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Please pray for my dear friend and her little girl in Ethiopia. I was with Carolyn last year in Ethiopia while we picked up our children. We stayed at the guest house together (she adopted 3 siblings and her hubby was there with her). I was there the day she met Y for the first time.

Y is extremely sick. She is vomiting, can’t keep her medicines down, has pneumonia, parasites and only weighs 30 lbs. She is about 10 years old. She was in the hospital but C didn’t think it was helping. Please pray for God’s hand to sustain her until she can get home. She is waiting for her Visa from the embassy. They are trying to expedite it.


Here is her blog http://www.twietconfetti.blogspot.com/

Also, please pray for AAI’s Ghana program. They were attacked by thieves and one of the workers was raped. You can read about it here http://www.fullhousehandshearts.typepad.com/

I have been broken over all that is going on lately. I hear of these stories and I get so angry that I can’t go over and help. But, then last night while working on my devotions, I had a complete peace in my heart. I realized that no matter where I go, what I do good or bad, or when, God is always with me. He is always there to pick me up, to comfort me, to encourage me, sustain me, love me, and discipline me. God is there with my friend and He is there in Ghana. As my pastor said (paraphrased from memory) in church a couple of weeks ago, “Suffering we go through shows us the depths of God’s love”. This is so true.

So let us all be on our knees for my friend and those children and nannies in Ghana. Remember God’s grace, mercy and love for them. Know that we are safe in Him.

No comments: