Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's not about me, it is really about God

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the LORD. "I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land." Jeremiah 29:11-14

God has opened my eyes so much over the last month. We have been so busy getting ready for Grandpa's Christmas eve party, getting kids to hockey, hanging with Malcom, school, snow, family, and looking for work. We are both still unemployed, but so thankful for God's provision through it all. We have had some serious struggles - don't get me wrong. There are days it is hard to get out of bed because of the "what is going to be different today?" But, overall we hold fast to God's promise to keep us cared for by His means and not our own. So, here is a quick update before I tuck kids in.

Malcom was here for all of November. It was awesome. He and his girlfriend, Natasha went back to Germany the beginning of December. He is moving off base in January and is pretty excited. He just got a new Hedgehog - Stuffa.

Nick is currently playing hockey for a Junior B team in Butte, MT. He is having fun. He is home on leave right now. What a different young man he is! It has been great hanging out with him and watching him mentor his younger siblings. They have been loving it. There are some pictures of him playing against Missoula in November.

Kevin is still going to school and is on break right now. He has been such a help around here with the kids. We call him Daddy Kevin. We have been enjoying him and Mikaya playing games. He is working nights now at UPS.

Giovanni and Caleb are playing hockey and loving it. They have gotten so good. There are some pictures playing in the rink and also downstairs with their new hockey set they got for Christmas. They got two extra days of school off for break because of the amount of snow we have gotten in the last two weeks. See below. Giovanni and I had a converstaion one day and it went like this: "I think God wants me to win this hand of War Gio." "No, I will win. (pause) Why do I do that?" "What?" I ask. "I always think about me. I never think about what God wants or others? Why do I do that?" He is so insightful! Don't we always do that? What I want, how I feel. Even when I am talking with God, it is all about me.

Ahnika and Sophia are funny to be around. Since we can't afford preschool for them anymore they sometimes get a little to "close" and I break up a lot of fights during the day. They are so cute to watch. The things they say are hilarious! "I am not talking you!" "Oh, man!" We have a lot of mommy Ahnika and baby Sophia talks all day, too!

George and I are still looking for work. It gets really frustrating to continue with nothing in sight. We just are hopefull for God's will to happen soon! We have both been taking care of his father and getting ready for the big Christmas Eve Raskell party. I have wrapped probably over 500 presents, baked, shopped, and driven then to multiple places. There are pictures below. He buys all the grandkids, great-grandkids and kids presents every year for our traditional get together. It is full of love, food, cookies, and gifts. I love it and the chaos!

We have had record snow in the last week. In about 36 hours Spokane got between 2 to 3 feet of snow and it has continuously snowed for the last week. Our 4' fence is almost buried in our front yard. I have never seen so much snow before. It has been fun watching the kids try to play in it. We went sledding at Whitneys last week. It was so fun! It is starting to warm up and melt so i am curious to see what happens with 4' of snowmelt. Flooding!

We had a great Christmas and the kids and I have been enjoying game time and family time. For the first time ever I don't have cable and I love it! We have spent so much more time together!

Well, time for kids to get to bed for hockey and church in the morning.

Love to you all!

Here is a collection of our life in the last couple of months.

1 comment:

shell said...

i can't believe how big the kids look! and how much snow you had! Merry Christmas!