Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

"Show me your ways O Lord, teach me your paths." Psalm 25:4

Just to update. I know it has been since December since I posted. Yes, I finally did get a job. I started work at the end of January. George is STILL unemployed. I am a little discouraged by it all, mostly the financial part. It gets kind of old not being able to pay bills! Yet, I am so thankful George is at home with the girls. Our house runs so much smoother with him home. He is so much more patient, organized and motivated than me. J

Not much has really happened, but here is a quick rundown. Nick is home from Butte. He has huge car issues and is trying to save up for getting it fixed. Kevin is still in school. George was in the hospital for a few days because of some clots in his lungs, but thankfully through meds he is better. We are working with the hospital now because he was 2 days away from getting insurance through my work. L Giovanni is working hard on a story he is submitting for a contest (sneak peak is he gets penguin feet). Caleb is being tested into the gifted kids program at school. Both boys are almost done with hockey. They had a tourney last weekend and each scored a goal or two! Ahnika is on her way to Seattle for her Dr. Ann appt. George is taking the girls (didn’t I say how cool he is). She is doing really well. Sophia is growing bigger and bigger and is slowly learning her numbers and letters. I am plugging away at work. Enjoying reading again, meeting with friends and finally reading my bible more regularly. I am currently studying the life of David. What a great story!

Our biggest news was our FREE trip to Disneyworld. I’ll post soon enough about the trip, but it was amazing. We received Make-a-Wish for Ahnika and she wished to play hockey with a princess. It was truly the best time I have ever had. Our WHOLE family got to go. It was so amazing. I will put together a slideshow of the trip once I finally get the pictures downloaded.

So just keep praying for our finances. We are struggling and honestly that is our biggest problem. Pray for wisdom with our work stuff and that God’s grace continues in our lives.

4 comments:

Thankfulmom said...

Sandra,
I am so happy to see your update. I miss you friend! It would be great to see you sometime.

Lisa

Rae said...

Love hearing from you!
Rachel and Aaron

the ewings said...

Praying for you all Sandra and so glad to hear an update. Can't wait to see you pictures and sooooo glad you got to go. What a perfect time for your family to enjoy the time together!

Laurel said...

I will lift this up to the Lord.

We added 3 kids to our family last spring, and our income got cut in half last summer. So, it's been a very tight year at our house, too.

Keep the FAITH ... God will provide ... He does know our every need

Blessings,

mama of 13 - writing from Ghana today