Monday, July 20, 2009

A kid's perspective

While we were in the hospital with my father-in-law, Kevin and Mikaya helped watch the kids at night and all day (bless them!). Well, they forgot Sophia’s blankie and she can’t function without it. George went up to the baby floor to see if he could get a receiving blanket to “fill in”. They found one and she loved it. So last night I sat down to pray with her and she was holding her blankie in her Sophia way and I told her the “Grampa’s blankie” story. She got this look on her face of pure sadness and just said “I don’t want Grandpa to be sick anymore.” So I told her how Grandpa watches over us from heaven’s window. Boy do we miss you Dad.


So, today as I found out the good news that my nephew is finally back in the states after being in Iraq for almost a year, I am still mourning my amazing father-in-law who also served our Country proud. Let us always say thank you to those who have served and remember how much they sacrificed for us. Let us also remember how God sacrificed His Son just so we could gain back our lives and our restore our relationship with him.

No comments: