Monday, December 27, 2010

Crossroads

This is what the Lord says, "Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way, and walk in it. Travel its path and you will find test for your souls." But you reply, "No, that is not the road we want!" Jeremiah 6:16.

We all come to a path we must choose. It could be a job, a car, a husband, college, career, driving drunk, whatever. All our choices affect us in some way - some more drastically than others. I remember many crossroads and so many times I have thought, "If only I would have chosen differently." But, there is help when I choose the wrong path, God is there waiting for me to seek forgiveness and mercy and grace. He gives it freely every time I seek it. So, as I look back on my life path all I see is beautiful stepping stones shining brightly from God's cleansing power of grace, mercy and forgiveness. I can't see the crossroads anymore, He has taken it away. The old choices are buried in the dirt. Instead each stone shows me what happened after I chose each crossroad. Redemption, salvation, love, beauty, perserverance, power, strength, and on and on. I can look forward and trust He will be there at my next crossroad.

No comments: