Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Phone voice

Do you all have the "phone voice"? You know that voice that comes out in the midst of a rant when the phone rings? "What do you mean you didn't see the harm throwing large rocks at car?" Ring ring. "Hello? Oh yes, now is a good time. Oh goodness thongs are wonderful here!" You say this is the most pleasant tone as you run your finger across your through in a you-see-do-dead sign. My husband, bless his heart, loves to point out my phone voice.

It got me thinking, do I have a God voice, too? When I pray do I pray differently depending on who is in my presence? I think I do. It makes some sense. I would pray for the spirit of evil to be released and renounced in front of my four year old and I wouldn't pray for dreams of butterflies and pink monkeys with my friends. But, what about when I am angry. Do I pray angry too. My husband and I are bad sometimes about praying for her attitude to change or him to start listening. Instead of that we should be praeing for their healing and restoration back to Christ.

I have to remember that God doesn't use a phone voice with me. He didn't pour fire on Sodom and turn to Egypt and say "oh aren't you cute with your flooding farming techniques." No, He is the same today tomorrow always. Through His anger there is love. There is no condemnation if you are in Christ. He loves me for me. I am so grateful for this.

So the next time I find myself surrounded by my life chaos, and you are calling, I can't guarantee o will answer the phone very pleasantly.

Whatever ... Philippians 4:8

1 comment:

His girl said...

Great post! Have a great day.