Thursday, January 27, 2011

Who made God?

"Who made God?" said a little voice from the backseat this morning as I pulled into my friends driveway. Ahnika even reminded me how hard that question was to answer.

Have you ever asked questions like that? I do all the time. I explained to little miss that it is through faith we believe God is and was forever. I told her how Daddy and I didn't know anything about her or the other three kids before we brought them home forever. It was through out faith in God that we obeyed God's call to adopt them. As I gave her a kiss and hug I prayed she would keep her faith an innocence.
I am so thankful she trusts me enough to ask these tough questions. I am thankful I can say I don't know the answer to tough questions.

I remember how I used to laugh at my classmates In high school who went to youth group. I thought they were losers. I just didn't understand how they could be so obsessed with something that didn't exist. I wonder how many of them prayed for me and for a broken heart so I would have to find Him and the salvation He offers. I just didn't know any better. I thought I was more important than some God they talked about.

Oh my, how wrong and dumb I was! As I continue my relationship with Christ I see how big God is. He pulled me from the muck and the myre. He washed me clean. I was renewed and restored to be who God created me to be. He promises I don't have to step back into the mud, He has roped off the muddy pit. It is only if I choose to enter then I do. In my past I never thought the God would continue to clean me off. But the cool thing is - He does! Every time I fill myself and cover myself with muck, God is standing there with a hose waiting to "rinse" me off. God has set me free from my past. Once I embraced His free help, my life changed forever.

Lord remind me that even in my life chaos you show me that everything falls into place his just as He wants.

No comments: