Wednesday, September 06, 2006

School! Loessee!

"The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand." Psalm 110:130

I pray everyday for wisdom on how to teach these children about the Lord. I admit I am nervous for them to go to public school where they won't be surrounded by learning about the Lord. I just have to have faith we will do it right and they will walk with the Lord. A lot goes into the first day of school. It is really scary to thing some strange lady is going to be with our children for 3 hours everyday. I was worried, I admit. I almost yanked them out and decided to homeschool. Then, I walked out into the next phase of our family. Once I saw them after school, I realized we did the right thing.

Well, today was the little boys first day of school. They were so excited! They finally got to wear their school clothes, shoes and backpack. In Giovanni fashion he picked out the Spiderman backpack and in Caleb fashion he picked out the big yellow backpack. I really think he was the only one in Kindergarten without a character backpack. Honestly, we really need to break them of wearing jeans. Poor Caleb was sweating so bad when I went to get them. They did well - at least no phone calls. Caleb looked scared but said he had fun. He had marker all over him, so I guess he did. I think I was a little more worried and of course cried. I don't know what I will do when I drop Sophia off to daycare for the first time.









This is right outside of the classroom. It really was chaos that first day. Their teacher, Mrs. Nord, is awesome!







Honestly, I don't what all they learned. I know they drew a house, sang some "Say hello" song, and brought home paperwork. I also know they had FUN! They are excited to go back.

This is with their cousin Sammy. They are in the same class.

5 comments:

the ewings said...

Ahh, the first day of school. Always bring a BOX of kleenex, not just a few. I'm so glad it went well and you probably wondered what you were going to do with yourself or maybe you were organized and made hay! Oh, yeah you also have that precious girl to take care of too. Are they in half day kindergarten? Praying for continued success is school and at home!

Lanel said...

How exciting for the boys to embark on this new journey. Thanks for sharing the pictures...love seeing those guys any chance I get. :)

shell said...

So great! My kids love the Hello song, it is from Dragontales. Joseph asks for me to play the CD over and over. They look so old and handsome! You are doing great Momma!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What big boys! Oh, it is so hard to send them off to school. Just wait until it is Sophia! :)

Love ya!

Leah said...

Oh, my heart just cried with you reading how hard that must have been to leave your babies with someone else! I can't imagine, I guess I mean I don't want to. Time goes by too quickly now, doesn't it? I'm so glad we are moms!
Love,
Leah