Saturday, September 30, 2006

Horses, Sophia, Fairs, Video


I thought I would finally post some of our pictures from the end of the summer. Life has been so hectic lately. It is amazing how little time there is! We had our company party a few weeks ago. The boys got to ride Terry's horses and loved it! They did tell me they rode the "HEE-HAW" in Wolaita. He means the donkeys.








Even Sophia rode the horse.





Caleb was in love from the beginning.














This is taken at the fair. The boys love the rides and are always smiles.















A gift from one of the booths. They didn't like how it tickled. :)















I know, I know. George says she looks like Laura Ingles. I think she was adorable!












On a friend's blog, www.nosmallfeat.typepad.com she talks about her "perfect child". We too suffer from this. Everyone tells us how happy she is. But in the secrets of our home, this is common. :)






Finally, I want you to visit another blog. http://brehane.blogspot.com/ Em has posted video of her trip to Soddo, Wolaita. This is the area of Ethiopia where our children are from. It shows what the country looks like everywhere. I am also reading a book "There is no me without you" by Melissa Fay Greene. It portrays life in Ethiopia. I must warn you, bring the kleenex. Even after visiting, I still weep when I watch this country and how much they suffer. There is so much more to life than what I have here. I know God has something special planned for us, and I can't wait to help out more. Soon I will post about my meeting with some missionaries who are from here and travel to Soddo frequently.

Well, miss Sophia is in need of some teething tablets (aka happy pills). She has one little guy trying to break through.

I love and miss you all. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

KT said...

They are SO SO SO cute!!!! I want to hug them!!
KT

the ewings said...

Love your photos! You all did soooo much over the summer. I am amazed. I enjoyed Emilys videos. They are amazing!

Leah said...

Sandra, the kids are so so cute and I completely agree that Sophia looked absolutely adorable in her bonnet:) She is getting so big! Hope you are enjoying every moment of motherhood, I miss our talks, but I'm busy now too:) Thank God for our kiddos!
Love,
Leah