Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Day 2/3

Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven. Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:13-16

So, we are well into Day 3. I am doing pretty good. I admit this morning I craved a latte. I think it is because I can't have it. So far we have had sandwiches, chicken and pasta, rolls, pizza, left overs, and pork and potatoes. Tomorrow - lasagna. We did have to break down and go to the store to get some night-time undies for the boys. Still unprepared.

So, Sophia grows more and more each day. She had her check-up yesterday along with 5 shots. She cried for about 10 minutes and then was happy again. She is happy all the time! She also slept through the night last night. I know she has a cold, so that probably helped. I know I slept good!

The boys continue to thrive and learn more and more words each day. George and I get the priveledge of meeting a lot of families who are also adopting from our agency. It will be exciting to meet them and be able to give them insight.

So, what was wonderful about today? As stated in James, prayer goes so far when we earnestly pray. Today we received a donation from my aunt and uncle. We need this money for our readoption. Then we found out we can do our readoption ourselves, thus saving money. So, this money will pay for all the court fees and we won't have to come up with any other money! Then I received a call from one of the pastors at our church to pray over us and our future ministry in Ethiopia. We go to a large church and typically they pray for each prayer request and send a card. This was the first time we have received a phone call. I just know God has something planned for us. I just can't wait to go to Ethiopia again.

Well, I better get back to work. I have some hours to catch up on. I hope life is treating you all well.




I finally found our camera I lost after our trip to Montana in early August. Here are some pictures at Bozeman's Sweat Pea festival. We stood in line for face painting just to find out they were closing, so I attempted Sponge Bob and an Ethiopian Flag.








Grandma Mabel playing with her great-granddaughter Sophia.













Here is Nick, Caleb, Giovanni, Sophia and Mommy at the North Entrance to the park. Pretty cool to have most of my children there for a picture.












This is at Old Faithful. The boys were pretty shocked to see the water "on".










2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm glad you are sticking with the plan of depravation:) I was so happy to read too that we can most likely do our own re-adoption also. I think we all need the cheapest way to do things now! Praying for you.
Love
Leah

KT said...

You have some VERY handsome boys!! I love the pic with the face painting:)
KT