Monday, October 23, 2006


So, isn’t it amazing how we can justify anything? My husband started it (didn’t Adam blame Eve from the beginning?), you know. He made the justification of buying “Over the Hedge” with money already spent. He returned something from Wal-Mart and felt he really needed to get it. Little did he know I broke down and purchased Cinnamon Bears from Bulk. So, then tonight I was supposed to meet some ladies from church at Starbucks, so I used the “already spent money” to get a coffee. I know, I know, cheating. But I really thought they were going to show up and it is for a good cause – right? NOT! I guess we will have to tack on penalty days to our 30 days of nothing.

This weekend I went to an adoptive mom’s retreat. It was fantastic. I had more free time in those 2 days than the last 3 months! I met a lot of wonderful women and it was great to have someone there who understands me. The best part, aside from the friendships, the food, the late night talks, reading uninterrupted, etc, was coming home to my family who worked hard to do the dishes, clean the basement and do laundry. It was fabulous!

Life is going along great. We are growing the boys hair out to look “big”, as they call it. Sophia is doing wonderful. We just have such a great family. I love the blessings God has given us. I praise him everyday for all that I have.

Hockey season started with George coaching Nick again this year. We decided to hold off on the boys one year until next year when we can focus on teaching them more. They went to practice with George on Saturday and had fun. Dad unfortunately was tripped accidentally and fell onto the ice with a nice bump. Thankfully he doesn’t appear he had a concussion or a cut. Just a headache. I am so excited for hockey to start! I never realize how much I miss it, until it is almost time to start.

Well, since I have a few minutes of free time I am going to read. I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for reading!




Caleb loves to have Reeses in the room with him. On this night he moved away from his pillow to be with him. You can't see his hand resting on Reeses' neck.











We have a new weight lifter in our house! The boys love Superman and will do anything to be like him. Giovanni loves to lift weights, and drink milk, and eat things he doesn't like just because Superman does.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm glad you are doing so well. Your boys are just adorable:) I can't wait until we meet in person, how great will that be??! I'm glad you are just loving being a mom, so am I. God is so good! I remember when we both thought it would never happen:)
Love,
Leah

Renee said...

You have a precious family and your Blog is an blessing!

Renee