Thursday, May 17, 2007

1 more week ...

"The sacrifice you want is a broken spirit. A broken and repentant heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17


"But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God. I trust in God's unfailing love, forever and ever. I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done. I will wait for your mercies in the presence of your people." Psalm 52:8-9

We heard from our casework today. We have another NEW court date of May 24th. This time, the judge is requiring us to sponsor Nafkot's brother before he/she approves the adoption. The head of our agency is going to Ethiopia the end of May and hopes to resolve this issue before it affects other families. I am sad because I have to wait yet another week to find out if she is our daughter. Yet, I know in my heart she is. This adoption stuff is so hard on a person. I stayed up till 1 am last night and then woke around 5:30 am. It has been a midnight or later week! I would love to run away with my hubby for one night to sleep and reconnect, but life drags you back. But, soon all my children will be grown and gone and I will be sleeping TOO much! :)

So, prayer warriors, get your prayers ready again next week. Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers. We need protection so desperately right now. I will be fasting this week and I challenge you all to. I have not decided yet what that will be, but I will let you know. (My hubby would love the computer!)

Here are some random pictures to cheer you up!


Did I ever mention we were TP'd? Nick's tennis team got us one night while we were all awake, inside and we have dogs! They also got all four cars. It was hilarious! Teenagers....











Grandpa and Little One 2 (I am Little One - the original)












She cracks me up! She loves to lick glass - especially at the hockey rink where it is cold (I know you think, gross, but seriously, have you been to Ethiopia to see what it is like in the bathrooms?)










She is too funny!













My mom actually went into the big tube thing and went down the circular vinyl enclosed slide. Did I tell you my mom ROCKS! She also went off the high dive diving board when I was a kid. She is afraid of heights!

4 comments:

PastormacsAnn said...

I'll be praying that all goes well on the 24th.

Brianna Heldt said...

Hoping things go smoothly on the 24th, how frustrating! God bless you guys and your beautiful hearts!

the ewings said...

We will keep it up! Love ya, Sandra!

DEBRA said...

Hi there,

You don't know me, but I found your blog as I was searching around. We are also adopting from Ethiopia, we have a referaal of 2 sisters. We are waiting on a court date...I feel your pain! Praying with you it goes through

Debbie