Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A piece of my heart....

A piece of my heart left yesterday. My first adopted son is now about 8 hours away from Germany. He starts the beginning of his Air Force career. I never knew it would be that hard to say goodbye. To not hear his footsteps crash down the stairs, or him wrestling with the boys, or our talks. I miss him. He took a piece of my heart. I am so proud of him and who he has become. I remember years ago when asked by Kevin if he could move in, NO WAY! I could barely handle the other two boys. Malcom was my first adopted child. He is definitely a blessing from God and he prepared our hearts for the ministry of our adoption.


How does one describe Malcom? Here is my list:



Unselfish, smart, funny, good-looking, brave, gentle, patient, caring, loving, nurturing, intense, peaceful, sensitive, strong, my son, calm, reliable, kind, wonderful, a one-of-a-kind, trustworth, honest, integrity, and so many more.



We love him so much, and although we are so proud and happy for him, we are sad to see him go.



Take care Malcom until you return!





Kevin and Malcom at the airport.



















Malcom and his friend Natasha.

















Malcom in the airport parking lot.

















Malcom and his good friend Kevin, posing!

















Malcom and his two little brothers. They are so sad he is gone!










Malcom and Nick - goofballs

















Malcom leaving through security.



We had lunch at an awesome Greek restaurant (garlic galore - 36 hours later I can still taste the garlic) yesterday before Malcom left. Here is the "group". We were missing our Kevin. :(

2 comments:

Heidi W said...

Oh, how hard this is. And Malcolm is such an amazing guy. Love you.

lcm0709 said...

Oh Sandra, this was beautiful and I wept at the intense love, respect and fondness you have for your son. He is a blessing to you and you to him and you both to God. He will hear our prayers and no matter what he is safe in the arms of our Lord.

I heart you. :o)
Laura