Saturday, May 05, 2007

A day in the life of me

So, here it is finally. The life of a working mom raising 2 young adult stepsons, a friend, a heart adopted airman, and three Ethiopian gems. This is a compilation of a few days. But, overall a typical day. :)


I normally wake up around 6 or 6:30 am. Most mornings Caleb is awake then, too. This morning he got a dollar from the tooth fairy.
















I am supposed to be to work by 7 am. Thankfully this clock is 7 min fast and I am only about 7 min from work.










Aw, there's the morning beast. I go to work early (I am supposed to be there at 6 am, but that never happens). George gets the kids off to school and SOphia to daycare.










Here's our neighborhood. The trees are finally fully leaved (no that is probably not a word) and beautiful! So, all you stalkers out there, you can probably figure where we live, oh well. :)











Here is my desk at my office. I work for a local civil engineering firm. I am a professional engineer and I design residential and commercial developments. (Can you see the moose animal on the shelf? For those of you in for Yellowstone 07, you can own one yourself!)









MMMMM, coffee.













Oh, did I tell you my hubby works with me! We have an awesome boss. He is so flexible with our work schedules! George works typically from 9 am to 7 pm.










At 11:20 am every day I leave to go pick up the boys from Kindergarten. My boss allows me to work from home in the afternoons.











Here's their school.














Here's their class. Time to go home!













Home!













While the boys unload their backpacks and get hands washed, I take our dogs out, Brutus the Great Dane and Reeses our spaz lab/shephard.











Today, I started some laundry. About 2 loads a day keeps the whole family up. Now I am down to 1 because I refuse to do the older boys laundry. I mean, come on, you are 17 and 20 and 19!









Mmmm, what a great lunch for them. Corn dogs, apple and egg. They get corn dogs, chicken strips, PB&J, left overs, etc. Whatever is easiest.












I get a salad with apple slices. :(















Then I check blogs I like to follow.














Check emails from my awesome friends.














Then, finally start back at work.












Around 5 pm, I go pick up Sophia from Daycare. Then I come home, make dinner and clean up while the kids play. Evenings are hit and miss. Mondays George goes to Youth Group, Tues is soccer, Wednesday George normally works late, Thursday is shopping or something and Friday is hanging out. This particular night we were shopping.






Here's Justin. He is Nick's friend who lives with us. He works at the car wash with Nick and all their friends. It is nice because we always get to use the services. Nick doesn't have his license so we get his free washes.










Grocery shopping with the fam.



















Nightly fit time.












Reading with the boys and time to relax.













Fianlly kids in bed, and catching up on tv, laundry, dishes, whatever.











Notice there are no older boys. They are an endangered species and only come out occasionally or in packs.

Well, there you have it. Life is crazy here and I don't know how we will be able to manage a new one, but with God, everything is possible!

Later I hope to post Giovanni's birthday pictures and other random fun ones.

Blessings!

6 comments:

Owlhaven said...

Fun post!!

Mary

Erin said...

Sandra,
This was really fun to read. :)
Doesn't it just sound nuts when you write it all down??
People always ask me how I do it, but I honestly don't know how you working moms do it. I give you BIG respect.
the kids are gorgeous!!!

I was sorry to hear that Nafkot's court date was delayed, but I am praying you get good news asap.

Oh, and I laughed at the pic of my blog. :) thanks!!
Hugs,
E

PastormacsAnn said...

Wow! What a full fun life. Lots of hard work though. Thanks for sharing for day with us. Your Ethiopian blessings are getting so big! Can't wait to hear that your court date has passed successfully. You're in my prayers.

Leah said...

Oh Sandra! Your life does look a bit crazy!! Fun, but crazy:) I am glad you guys are doing so well and I LOVE the pic of your house. Praying for that court date to go through soon. Much love...
Leah

the ewings said...

Thanks Sandra! I love looking at your day on your blog. I love to be able to picture you and your family and what your doing. Your kids are growing sooooo much and the boys keep getting more handsome and sophie is so grown up and adorably cute!

Heidi W said...

It was awesome to see your day. Thanks for showing us!