Sunday, July 15, 2007

Beautiful Chaos

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39 (KJV)
Through our love for God we are blessed with so much. During prayer time last weekend with some close friends, my hubby mentioned how our weekend was a beautiful chaos. We had 4 families staying at our cabin outside of Yellowstone Park. There were about 18 people to one bathroom and 2 1/2 beds. :) It was AWESOME. These other families also adopted from Ethiopia and for the first time I got to meet them. God is so awesome to provide us this blessing of meeting. Here are some pictures of the weekend. It was a great time, and I can't wait to try again next year!
This was the highlight for me. I grew up here and yet I still am in wonder of the glory of bears.


Hanging out at the paint pots. It was hot, but the kids all did great.


Yes, this is my son. But oh, the little girls LOVED him!


Here is another shot of the bear. No zoom here, just up close and personal!


After lunch we all waded in the river, but it turned into an afternoon swim!



Oh, Nick, you are SOOOO funny!

These three guys were inseperable. I think Ms. H and A should move west. :)

What post isn't perfect without daddy and his little girl.


And what weekend of families with Ethiopian children is not complete without roasted coffee!

These two are made for each other. Thankfully, my wonderful friend KT has to pay the dowry to marry my son. Awww, it was love at first laugh. I think Caleb has found his life time partner. She is so him!

Oh, Daddy, you are the coolest!

Didn't I say these guys were inseparable?

Alden just came home from China and it was such a blessing to meet him. These women were wonderful and I am so happy I have them. I only have a few more families to go until I meet the whole crew!

In case I don't post before I leave, check back. I will try while in country to post, but we will see what email is like.

Love,
Sandra

2 comments:

Meya said...

You forgot to mention how when Caleb jumped off the teeter-totter, Maree hit the ground at about 100MPH! But, she was unphased and Im still up for the marital arrangement! How does 1 cow sound? :)
KT

the ewings said...

Great Post Sandra! Looks like such an awesome trip. Will love to see you again! Remembering this time last year and praying for your trip! Blessings on you, sister!