Friday, May 26, 2006

Tickets and Burdens

You know through this whole process I went through every emotion God gave us. Happiness, saddness, anger, bitterness, jealousy, joy, anxiety, fear, awe, flad, peace, beauty, on and on. Then (as usual) when I thought I was a my low point, a wonderful friend told me the following:

I want to sharesomething that has helped me often in these times- do you remember Corrie TinBoom who lived in Amsterdam and helped rescue Jews during WW II? She asked herfather once, as a child, how she would know she was ready for the Lord to takeher home and her father said, "Corrie, when we take the train, when do I giveyou your ticket? Do you get it after I purchase it? Do you get it as we walkto the platform? No, it is my burden to carry for you until right before weboard, then you are ready and the time is right for you to hold your ticket andgive it to the man." So it is with our father- the burden is not yours untilright when you need it- Jesus is carrying your court date, paperwork, andadoption now. He always carries our burdens and yet I've seen this last weekhow I've tried and tried to take it back from him. I've struggled against himover carrying those burdens and after reaching a point of exhaustion Rob and Irealized it wasn't our time to carry "the ticket". This is one of my hardestlessons in life to remember and walk out- I hope sharing my struggle here can offer some encouragement for you. We had a prayer time at our house last nightwith friends & family for our court date and we all prayed for your date to comesoon and for the Spirit to encourage and comfort you as you wait in an "unknown"point- it is so hard to not know what is going on and if there is progress or not.

How wonderfully true is that? So, on my way to work I prayed for God to take this burden from me. I wanted to be set free from this anxiety of the waiting game. So far so good! How wonderful that God is strong enough for us to carry these heavy burdens we have. An He doesn't complain!

So for you, I pray you will give God your burdens - all of them. Let your heart be free and clear from all that clouds it. Let Him be your like and shine brightly in your life as he has shown in ours. Praises to your weekend!

2 comments:

shell said...

Thanks so much for sharing. Though it was a little ironic, I just a few weeks ago had gotten Corrie TenBooms biography out of the library and read through it! :)
I hope you are feeling at peace. God really has calmed our hearts here. We know he knows best! And we already have our hands full. :)Thanks for sharing your wisdom-we can never gain enough!

The Brothers said...

Amen. That's a really neat way of looking at this whole process.