Thursday, May 18, 2006

Wide-Eyed enthusiasm

So, we are Amazing Race junkies and something one of the hippies said last night really struck home. He said he lives everyday with "wide-eyed enthusiasm". So what does that mean? To me, to pray every morning for God's grace on my heart and actions. To love being alive and appreciate what have I have. To be enthusiastic even in trials. To know that I am being molded by God in what I am going through. To be child-like and take everything in as if it were brand new and glorious. God sees us this way. We are His children and He laughs as we laugh, cries when we cry, and loves us even when we don't deserve it.

There is so much going on right now, I could just hole up and become depressed. Death, murder, court dates, family stresses, kids, work, etc. But you know, without them, I would see God's work in each situation. The death that brought a family together and prayed for the one who caused the accident. The murder who brought him to his knees for help and salvation. The waiting and waiting for a court date in Ethiopia that brought peace and mercy to my heart. The family stuff that I can only give to God because He is the only one to understand. Kids who are denying Christ but I know will be called to him. Work which just seems to get in the way with everything.

Then, I remember how Christ lived and all He suffered. He ministered for years with nothing in His life except God's backing, grace, compassion, mercy and love. Why do I think that God can't take my burdens from me and protect me? He created the earth and all that is in it, He raises the dead, and most importantly He is my everything. He loves me so much, why shouldn't I love him! I have so much in my life - husband, kids (who don't do drugs or drink), house, job, awesome church, friends, animals who are so darn cute, a car, food, money, movie theaters, tvs, books, bibles, freedom, and above all God.

So, each day remember your life with wide-eyed enthusiasm. Each day is glorious and brought to us by God. Only He knows what is in store for us, but it is wonderful!

P.S. - Our court date should be in the next month and then travel about 2 months after. So July/August. Pray for an earlier date!

1 comment:

Brianna Heldt said...

Sandra,
I've been reading your blog from time to time and am finally now posting.

What a wonderful post. I like that, "wide-eyed enthusiasm." I want to live my life that way, too.

And congrats on your three new children!!!