Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Travel, Compassion and Love

So, we are set. We leave July 8th for Ethiopia! We come back on July 19th to Spokane. I feel so blessed, our airline tickets worked out, our hotel is a split. We will stay at the Hilton at first and then a guest house the last half. The guest house will help translate, cook for us, etc. I am so excited for this new journey to begin!

I started filling out a Compassion sponsorship form today. We picked a little girl from Brazil. What a great program for so cheap. I think giving up latte's is well worth my $30 a month. More to come about our new Brazilian child. :)

Finally, I just read this verse and it reminded me why we are here. Ephesians 5:1-2 "Follow God's example in everything you do, becaue you are his dear children. Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him." This is so true. God loves us to follow Him. It is that simple. He has lead us on this journey and I know He will continue to care for us even at late night feedings, nightmares, temper tantrums, and "I don't want to's".

No comments: