Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Abundant Blessings

How do I get so blessed? As I meet more and more women I realize how broken we all are. God didn't design us for this, His design was for Holiness, purity, joy, relationship, truth. Everyday I see little glimpses of these in my life. Today I woke up to little sweet voices asking me what coffee I wanted. I received and "I love you" from my son. I confirmed God will be blessing us with a largest return. The sun is shining. I received a note that my friend bought me shiro in Ethiopia! The same friend met her soon to be son for the first time. I am connecting with lost friendships. I have the privilege to pray for my friends and family. I couldn't ask for more.

I hold tight to each miracle, joy, and light. Especially when times are tough. It is hard to remember Gods promises in the midst of trials. I remember feeling like i couldn't go on last year when my depression was at its worst. But yet, my struggles were no surprise for God. He knew what was going to happen and He made sure I was taken care of.

The last couple of days I have been praying for a friend of mine. She has been through so much in her life, yet her quiet spirit and strength give me hope.

So, what hopes do you see today in yourself, in others, or just around you? Write them down so you can pull them out when all seems lost. Remember, His plans are for a hope and a future, not for destruction (Jeremiah 29:11).

So, like me, as you go through your life chaos, remember it is not chaos to God. He knows what will happen next.

No comments: