Sunday, January 09, 2011

Why are you watering your face?

There is nothing more romantic than a wedding. For the first time I was able to be a parent of the groom. It was magical, really. She was a beautiful princess and he was the handsome prince. They even rode away in their white "steed". I lost a son but gained a daughter.

There are so many stories to share, but the one that stood out to me was the toast. The maid of honor spoke followed by my son, Malchi, as the best man. A couple others spoke. Then the crowd chanted "George, George, George!" And my husband stood and spoke. I was drawn back to the time of our wedding. It was the perfect day, really. It was full of love, hope and dreams. And as I listened to my husband speak, I finally realized how different my love for him was since I said "I do". It is deep, trusting, secure, faithful, unconditional. He is my true love. My husband and pretty much all of us cried during the speech. It was inspiring and moving.

When the speech was done, Ahnika turned to my sister in law Vanessa and said "Why are you getting your face wet?" She responded something I am sure, but I thought "it was your daddy". Isn't that how God is, though? He says things about His children that move us. In Psalm 45, it talks about the King coming home to take his beautiful bride. That is what marriage is about. God created the men in our lives to be Kings. To be our strength. I forget that sometimes. Especially when i forget Christ is my true husband. He is the one who is the source and promise of strength. It is through His strength and love that my marriage is as blessed as it is.

2 comments:

Jess @ Blog Schmog said...

Hey Sandra, beautiful post. I didn't know you blog. :) Hope you are having a peaceful winter.
Jessie Gunderson

Leslie said...

How beautiful! Congratulations !