Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Faith - believing the unseen

I have faith, right? Well sometimes I do. We went and saw the third Narnia movie on Sunday. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Amazing! The depth to which Lewis rights amazes my small brain. It is a reminder that faith is the center of it all.

"Do you really believe there is such a place?" Lucy asks. "We have nothing if not belief," answers Reepicheep. How true! Do I really believe there is such a place as eternity? Heaven? "If I have no love (nothing), I am a banging gong or a noisy cymbal." 1 Cor 13:1. All I really have is love to hold onto. Somedays I feel like I am holding onto nothing, but other days it is overflowing. The point I have to remember is that love is always there. Always available for me. Not from mankind, but one Man - Jesus the Christ. He is love. He is the belief that there is more to life than this evil earth.

I am so thankful for the love given to me by my family and friends. I just pray I reciprocate it back at them. I have a husband that amazes me daily at the amount of love he gives freely to me. From allowing me to talk endlessly, to playing princess with girls, to wrestling with my boys, even cooking and doing laundry when it is needed. That is love. My children who want to be with me, who say I love you, who ask me "how was work Mama?" That is love. My friends who answer my texts at all hours, who cry when I cry, make me laugh, and get my sarcasm. That is love.

So thank you to everyone who shows love to me and to others. Thank you Jesus for your ultimate unconditional love.

No comments: