Sunday, January 02, 2011

An you are not it!

My lovely daughter Sophia drew a picture for me this morning and it said "I have the bestest Mommy ever and you are not it!" But then she proceeded to tell my husband the same thing except she changed Mommy to Daddy. But it got me thinking, do I really deserve the title bestest Mommy? Some days I am sure I do, but other days when I am tired, grumpy, hungry, etc? Absolutely not!

I am slowly learning that I can only do things in and the with the strength given to me by God. When I feel like I just can't go on, I remember He gave me the privilege to care for these kids, this husband, this house, this family, so why won't He give me the strength. He promises He will always be there. I believe Him.

As I move into the year 2011 I reflect on God's mercy, grace and love He has shown me. I couldn't imagine anything different.

No comments: