Thursday, January 20, 2011

Superhero

For a time Superhero by Hillsong Kids played 24/7 in the Raskell house. We haven't heard it for awhile. Is it sad I play it secretly at work and sing "Jesus your my Superhero, you my star, my best friend." And of course I add in the hand motions.

So, who is my Superhero? I would like to believe it is Jesus, but do I make others my Superhero? Captain Husband, Superkid, Ahnivorine, Spider? I know I do. We are a family of comic lovers. We have superman ornaments for Malchi and Gio, sponge bob for kev, scoop for Nick, spidey for Caleb, land princess anything for the girls. So, what does that say? We long for a Superhero. It  is the savior we need, it is in our created beings.

So, today I have to remind myself that Jesus is my Superhero. He is willing and able to always be here for me without question in time of need.

Lord, through this chaos, help me to let you save the day!



No comments: