Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pain in the foot, leg and wrist

As many of you know, last night me and my daughter-in-law went ant got our first tattoos. It was an experience like no other. Mikaya didn't fair so well in the pain department. I heard "I am nervous. That hurts. No really it hurts." from Mikaya. But she was a trooper and held on. Then it was my turn. It didn't hurt at first. Then as he continued to add detail to the already tattooed areas, I could feel pain. It still throbs and stings. But it will get better, soon hopefully.

Isn't that how life is, though? Painful? I look back over my past full of abuse, hate, fear and pain and I wonder why. Why me, Lord? Why not someone else. The Brible says we are God's masterpiece. Isn't that just like a tattoo? It was painful, but the brilliance of the artwork is beautiful! What a reward to see everyday. I am refined by fire. I am made beautiful and as I struggle through pain, another masterpiece is born.

Lord, remind me as the chaos in my head continues to question and spin that I am God's masterpiece now and forever.

No comments: